Types of Assessments Conducted
Clinical Neuropsychological Assessments
Neurological conditions including, but not limited to: stroke, hypoxia, neurotoxicity, epilepsy, and multiple sclerosis. As well as other conditions such as traumatic brain injury (TBI), dementia, and substance abuse.
Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Assessments
Assessment/diagnosis of ASD in adults, adolescents, and children (aged 6 years+).
Neuropsychological Assessments For Insurance and Medico-legal
Comprehensive neuropsychological assessments for the State Insurance Regulatory Authority (SIRA), Income Protection (IP) and Total & Permanent Disability (TPD).
Learning Disorder (LD) Assessments
Assessment for LD in adults, adolescents, and children (aged 6 years +).
Assessments for Clinical Purposes:
- Identification of strengths and weaknesses for rehabilitation purposes
- Determine suitability for return to work and provide recommendations that may aid identified cognitive difficulties
- Assist with diagnosis/differential diagnosis in adults
- Monitoring changes in brain function over time (e.g. decline/improvement incapacity for self-care, independent living, work function or future employment)
- Assessment of the effects of treatment (e.g. pre/post-surgery, medications or rehabilitation)
- Assessment of decision-making capacity – the need for guardianship/financial manager
- Memory assessment and/or IQ assessments
- Diagnosis of autism spectrum disorders (ASD) in adults
- Assessments for the Australian Defence Force (ADF)
- Assessments for the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA)
- NDIS participants: this service only sees self-managed and plan-managed
Assessments for Medicolegal Purposes:
- Assessment of testamentary capacity
- To assess if other factors (e.g. psychological problems, poor effort) may be exacerbating any cognitive issues
- Assessments for work cover/insurance purposes
- Assess if a brain injury has occurred
- Assessment/evaluation of permanent impairment for acquired/traumatic brain injury and mental and behavioural disorders
- Assessment of the impact that brain injury may be having, or is likely to have, on an individual’s capacity for self-care, independent living, work function or future employment
- Assessment of decision-making capacity – the need for guardianship/financial management
Consultant Neuropsychological assessments conducted in Penrith. Other locations in Sydney & interstate (including Orange, NSW) available on request.
The fees for assessments vary depending on the nature and complexity of the assessment.
Please contact 0434 025 160 for information about the costs of specific assessments.
NDIS participants: this service only sees self-managed and plan-managed.
Late Cancellation / No-Show Policy
Failure to attend a scheduled appointment (ie. no-show):
100% scheduled assessment /appointment time fee will be charged.
Within 24 hours of a scheduled appointment – 100% hourly fee of assessment/appointment time scheduled will be charged.
Within 48 hours (ie. 2 business days) prior to the scheduled appointment – 50% of the assessment/appointment fee will be charged.
Within 7-2 business days prior to the scheduled appointment – 10% of the assessment/appointment fee will be charged.
NO fee is charged if appointments are cancelled/rescheduled outside 7 business days prior to the scheduled appointment.