Make A Referral To
Nepean Neuropsychological Services
Information for Referrers
How to make a referral?
Please call reception on 0434 025 160.
Why refer a patient/client for a neuropsychological assessment?
Comprehensive neuropsychological testing can provide valuable information assisting both clinical and medicolegal matters. There are multiple benefits to referring a patient for neuropsychological evaluation, as outlined in our services.
What type of patients/clients are suitable for a neuropsychological assessment?
Neuropsychological assessments are useful for people who have (or suspected to have) sustained a brain injury. They are also useful for people who have concerns about cognitive functioning or suspect a neurological deficit, and can assist in guiding treatments and support needs.
Suitable conditions include:
- Neurodegenerative conditions e.g. Alzheimer’s disease, frontotemporal dementia and Parkinson’s disease
- Traumatic Brain Injury e.g. following motor vehicle accidents, falls, and assault
- Brain injury following hypoxia and chronic alcohol/substance abuse
- Neurological conditions e.g. stroke, neurotoxicity, epilepsy, and tumours
- Autoimmune/inflammatory diseases affecting the central nervous system e.g. multiple sclerosis
- Psychiatric illnesses e.g. PTSD, schizophrenia, depression, and anxiety
- Developmental disorders such as autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and learning disorders
- Intellectual disabilities